Friday, January 21, 2011

Saturday 15th January..From Nice to Manchester

     Slept good last night, jet lag has kicked in. This morning at breakfast I said goodbye to Robin, I dont know when I will see him again, he is retiring in February. Today I head to England, flying from Nice to Amsterdam then on to Manchester. Joe has Jace's rental car but it is a forty five minute drive to the airport and he has never driven in this area before so Joe has spoken to the concierge and they are looking in to providing a car and driver to take us to the airport, the driver will wait until I get checked in and find out where I go then he will take Joe back to Four Seasons.
     When we got up this morning it was misty and cool, it looks like it is going to clear off and be a nice day. I heard from Rita that rain is forecasted for today and tomorrow in England, thats okay I will be home.
    We did have a driver to take us to the airport, Joe took me in and I got checked in. After Joe left I wandered around until was time to go to the departure gate. The flight took us over the French Alps..
     I had a row of three seats to myself. The landing was a little nerve wrecking, it was very windy, the plane was moving side to side quite a bit but needless to say we had a safe landing. They bussed us in from the plane so I saw a little more of the airport then I have seen before, I don't recall being bussed in Amsterdam before but I haven't arrived from Nice before. I had a hour or so layover before my flight to Manchester. This flight was also on time and again I had a row of three seats to myself. My sister Rose and my nieces Marie, Olivia and Amelia were all there to meet me in Manchester. It was good to be back in England after about 16 months.       Tomorrow we go to York...

No comments:

Post a Comment