Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday 24th January..Nice

     Today we left the Four Season Resort, too bad really it is very nice to be treated the way the staff treated us, I have never experienced anything like the service they give anywhere before, at dinner last night the wait staff noticed I cannot hardly talk and she brought me hot tea with lemon and honey to help my cold, her idea not mine.
    Jace was leaving to go back to the USA this morning so he offered to take us to the hotel we are now staying at until we leave on Wednesday. This hotel is within walking distance to the Nice airport, Joe and I walked there this morning to check out if there is a bus station or train station there also. We found that we can get a bus to Monaco there at the airport, we are thinking we will go back to Monaco tomorrow, we would like to see more of the town.
     Today Joe and I got a bus into Nice, that was an experience in itself, we were told by the hotel staff where to get the bus and what number etc. What they failed to tell us was which side of the street to get the bus, of course we were on the wrong side, luckily we did tell the driver we wanted to go to Nice city center and she told us wrong bus, we needed to cross the street.
     We were in Nice by 11am and started walking, we had no idea where anything was located but we had heard that there is an old town area and we hoped to find it. We hadn't walked very far before we saw signs for the heritage area. It was fabulous, very narrow streets an alleys to explore, we have never seen anything like it. We went through a market place, it was flea market day all kinds of treasures for sale. I wonder if on other days it is a regular market with fruit, vegetables etc. We walked to the ocean and walked along the promanade, it was bright and sunny but just a little cool. After walking along the oceanside for a while we went back into the streets and found a streetside cafe for lunch and yes they take credit cards. We ordered beers and I had pizza and Joe had all you could eat mussels. Joe finished his mussels or so he thought, they brought him another big bowl of them but this time in a cream sauce instead of butter and garlic, I tried them they were very good and I am not a big fan of mussels.
      After lunch we decided to start walking towards the hotel, partly because we had no idea where to get the bus back but mainly because it turned into such a warm day and it felt good being outside in the sun and warmth. We found a drug store and we went in to see if we could get something to help me cope with this cold thing that I have. The person we spoke to knew some English and she helped find something to try, just add it to water she said. We walked and walked and finally made it back to the hotel. It was about three miles walk from Nice.
     Now I wanted to take this medication, I had no idea how much water? cold? hot? so I got on-line and googled it, didn't tell me much, so I figured I would put it in water and hope for the best, as soon as I opened the packet of powder I knew what to do, it was a hot drink mix.
    We were so tired after our day of walking and sightseeing that we haven't moved out of the hotel this evening...tomorrow we are going back to ramble around Monaco some more..

No comments:

Post a Comment