Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 2 continued

     I met Joe and the group for lunch. It was fascinating watching the wait staff. Customer service is their #1 priority. Serving the food three waiters would approach the table, the head waiter would discretely nod and all three waiters would lean in and put the plate in front of you at the exact same time, it was the same when they were clearing the plates away, Robin and I were entertained all through out the lunch wacthing these waiters. Lunch was delicous..goat cheese pastry with salad, salmon and pasta and apple and ice cream for dessert.
      I did go walking this afternoon took a few photos which are posted here. It was so nice being outside it the nice weather, when I got back to the villa I sat outside on the patio for a while. Joe got back from working at about 4:30 by this time I was laying on the sofa watching tv but it wasn"t long before I fell asleep. I think jet lag was starting to catch up with me.
     Dinner was at 7:30pm at the clubhouse, a buffet this time. Again the customer service was impecable. I didn't know what to pick for appertizers, I had never seen some of these foods before, main course was fish, veal, potatos and mixed vegs. I didn't have much of a problem picking out desserts, there were various kinds all in shot glasses, I tried three different ones and went back for more. I only had one glass of wine but the wine was definatly flowing for some, I have two flights tomorrow so cannot risk a headache...

No comments:

Post a Comment