Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday 28th January..New York to Lakeville, Minnesota

   
      This morning Joe and walked to Central Park. The sidewalks were not as bad as yesterday but there were lots of water standing at every intersection and the only way to cross the street was to go through the water, my feet were soaked before we got very far, it was a little colder this morning so my feet were wet and cold. When we got to the park we were surprised to see that there were still a lot of joggers around even if there were lots snow on the ground. We saw the zoo but it wasn't open, we saw the ice skating rink where there were lots of skaters with their coaches, we watched for a few minutes and then moved on to ramble some more through the park. There were lots of people walking dogs and most of the dogs had little booties on their feet and coats on their backs. It looks like New York puppies are pampered. I took a few photos of the park with the skyline, I hope they turn out okay.
    
   
      We headed back to the hotel walking down Park Avenue, 5th Avenue and Madison Avenue just to name a few. When we got back I had to try to dry my boots with the hairdryer before I could pack them. Our flight was at 3:45pm this afternoon so we had a little time to kill before heading to the airport. I am still feeling sick so I took medication and almost fell asleep. We figured we may as well head to the airport early and get some thing to eat before our flight, we went down to check out and get a cab.

    
     After we had been in the cab a few minutes the driver asked if we were paying by cash, Joe told him no he would be paying with a debit card, the driver was not too happy, he told us he would rather have cash, Joe again told him it would be a debit card, the driver was pretty rude and said 'all you tourists come to town with credit cards' He got us to the airport, Joe paid him and he threw our luggage on the sidewalk.


    Our flight was uneventful, got the right seats and we were on time. Arrived in Minneapolis about 6:00pm this evening. Here we are now back home in Lakeville. This was a great trip and would have been even better if I had not been sick for half of it.

     I don't know if I will keep up this blog, I might not have much to ramble on about, my normal everyday life is not very exciting to be writing about but we will see..........

No comments:

Post a Comment