Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Home...

             I have just had a very emotional weekend...I spent two weeks in England with my sister and family travelling with my Mom when she went for her four month visit...we went to lots of places one of which particularly stands out...Harewood House...
           Harewood House was the home of Princess Mary sister to King George VI the Queens father...we had a wonderful day looking around the house and gardens...we all decided that below stairs is where we would have belonged...we found this was the most interesting part of the house...
                                                              sign to below stairs...
                                              Me...Mom...Rose...taken by my niece Marie...

                    This year is Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee...60 years of reigning...so in honour of the Jubilee...Harewood House had an exhibition of Marcus Adams photography...he took Queen Elizabeths first photo shoot at just a few months old...there were lots of photos that were loaned to Harewood House by the Queen herself...they all came from the Royal Collection...it was very impressive to see...

                    Now to the emotional part of my weekend...I had to say goodbye to everyone and come back home...my Mom stayed...she will be there until September...saying goodbye to my nieces...my brother in law and especially my sister just about tore me apart...every time we have to do this I think I am not going to do this again...but how can I not visit my family...it was my choice many years ago to leave England and my family to come live in the United States and for the most part I am very happy here...I just need to quit dwelling on my trip and get over the fact that I am home...

2 comments:

  1. That has to be so difficult to say goodbye so many times, and with an ocean between. Glad you're home and had a fabulous trip, and hope you feel less wistful soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....thanks Anna....I will get over the homesickness...I always do....just pouring out my feelings of the moment....

    ReplyDelete