Saturday, May 19, 2012

21 of 52

                                 
                                I have been in England a week now...one more week to go...we have been out and about...but this trip is primarily to spend time with my mom and sister and my sister's family...I spend lots of time with my mom as does my sister...but it is not very often that the three of us manage to get together...

                               This week Rose, my mom and I had a wonderful day out to Shibden Hall in Halifax Yorkshire...Shibden Hall was built in the 1400s...over 600 years of history in this one building...we had a good time going from room to room and  at times listening in to a school groups guided tour...

                                                                   Shibden Hall...
                                Rose trying the butter churning machine...Mom looking on...
                                                    My mom and I at Shibden Hall...


                                 After Shibden Hall we stopped at the market town of Hebden Bridge...my dad was born in this town...the building below used to be a woollen mill...it has now been turned into gift shops and tea shops...and yes we had a cup of tea along with some lunch...

                                                                 Hebden Bridge...
                                                            Lunch in Hebden Bridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment