Thursday, February 9, 2012

week 6 of 52


I decided that for the month of 'F'ebruary I would 'F'ocus on 'F'itness...'F'lowers and 'F'un...

              For about two years I have struggled with back pain...I have talked to my doctor about it for three consecutive visits...the first time he said that it was something I would have to learn to live with...the second time I had a x-ray...he said there was a little inflammation and he sent me to physical therapy...the third time just last month I had another x-ray...nothing wrong...sending me to physical therapy again...if there is nothing wrong why is he sending me to physical therapy again and why am I in so much pain at times...

           That's the thing though...sometimes the pain is worse then other times...between Thanksgiving and Christmas it was so bad I could hardly get out of bed...during that period the retail season is at it's most stressful...we have more shipment coming in...that's my job to check in the shipment...I am lifting and leaning over boxes for hours on end...I asked my doctor if he thought that yoga would help...I figure it would strengthen my core and maybe I would have less back pain...he said it might but we will just send you to physical therapy...

          There comes a time when you have to be accountable for your own health...so I am not going to physical therapy...

              I took a couple of yoga classes a few years ago when Joe and I belonged to a health club...I really liked yoga...so this week I started a yoga class...it is through community ed...just once a week...wish it was two or three times a week...for seven weeks...it will give me a little taste of what yoga is all about...

          Quite a few of the students are returning students so they know the poses etc...but our instructor said she would soon get us new students up to par...I did get lost a couple of times and had to look around to see what I was supposed to be doing...but that's okay...after just one class I am looking forward to more classes and learning how to take care of my body...plus it was 'F'un... 

                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment