Saturday, August 11, 2012

Week 32 of 52

                    Only 20 more weeks to go...I am beginning to have a hard time with this...I look around and see so many things I could be doing...but time and a little bit of laziness on my part is a problem...and if I would stay off Facebook and Pinterest maybe I would get a little more done...but whats the fun in that...Facebook is the only connection I have to some people...especially my family and friends in England...

                     Speaking of Pinterest...I have been reading about a product that has been pinned on Pinterest by numerous people...it is 'Zinssers Cover Stain Primer'...supposedly you can use this on practically any surface without sanding first...
                  We have an old coffee table sitting in our unfinished family room...we acquired it when my Mom came to live with us along with some of her other furniture...it is water stained from watering plants...so with this table being in pretty bad shape I thought I would try this product on it first before I try it on a piece of furniture that I care about...
                   Even though this product said that you didn't need to sand...I choose to sand the top of the table to try to get rid of some of the damage...
                                                As you see it is still looking pretty bad...
                     Here is the table after two coats of this Zinssers primer...you can still see the water damage so I think I will try a third coat before I go to pick out a paint color for this coffee table....

                          Next week I will finish this project with a coat or two of paint...

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment