Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Week 13 of 52

                      this weeks project was to dig up and split my irises...they have been in the ground for I don't know how many years...every spring and fall for many years I have said that I am going to split these irises...they are so overgrown and tangled that I am surprised that they are still blooming...they do have a few blooms each year...hopefully they will grow and spread and bloom again even more profusely...here are a few pics of my work...

                                                    digging up and splitting my irises...

the ground worked and ready to be planted...

                                                          irises split and replanted...

                     when I was almost done I saw my first butterfly of the spring season...

1 comment: