Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thoughts of resolutions...

   

           Here we are another New Year. I don't normally make New Years resolutions because I have a hard time keeping them...I start out well but only last for a short time. Last year I thought I would cook a new dish once a week or was it once a month...I don't even remember...but I do remember it didn't happen very often...oh I did cook a few new dishes but not that many that I can even recall what they were. Maybe this year I will try a little harder to plan meals ahead of time and try some new dishes...sounds like a resolution in the making there.


          As many of you know we were in Mexico back in October...every time we come home from our vacation we know a couple more words in Spanish then we did before we went...I can think of about three words I can say in Spanish right now...I always talk about learning to speak Spanish before we go back to Mexico for our next vacation...sounds like this could be another resolution.


          I always wanted to learn to ride a horse...really ride one not just sit on one and play follow my leader on a trail ride...


          I would like to learn to play the guitar...we have one sitting here...Adam plays a little...what he does play was self taught...I think he did this by going online to some learn to play guitar websites...I should give this a try...


          Exercise is something I could use more of...I walk when the weather allows it but living in Minnesota outside exercise is not always an option...Joe and I used to belong to an health club...we went three or four times a week and I would meet a friend there and we would play racquetball...did a couple of yoga classes which I really enjoyed and I really liked running on the treadmill...then the weather got nice and we never went back...that was three or four years ago...


          I need to write more...not just my blog but my personal diary...I haven't written for either one for months...would be nice if I could write one or the other at least once a week...you never know my personal diary could be published in the future as a 'mummy dearest book' it is all my deepest thoughts on my ups and downs of normal everyday life...


          So the way I see it by this time next year I am going to be posting that I am now a Spanish speaking, guitar playing very skinny cook that can ride a horse...ha...sounds good but I can't see it happening can you?


    

1 comment:

  1. I say you can do anything you set your mind and heart to! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete