Monday, June 17, 2013

Jobs in June...around the yard...

            I am very good at coming up with all kinds of ideas for around the house and around the yard...but unfortunately I am just a woman and cannot always implement things I would like to do...for instance...removing sod that has been in the yard for 20 + years...digging up old shrubs that have been around for as long as the sod...so for the last few weeks we namely Joe has been doing the heavy yard work for me...
    Joe had to dig up the sod from the new flower garden in the backyard...I did help with the bricks
 we...Joe had to dig up these old shrubs so that we could stair step this area for another flower garden
  this is the same area cleaned up of shrubs and bricks put in...yep helped here too
      4 cubic yards of garden soil sitting at the end of the driveway...I moved a lot of this
                                              stair stepped area with new garden soil
                            new backyard flower garden also with new garden soil
 we had so much garden soil that we made another new flower garden...this is going to be a Hosta garden because it is very shady in this area


            Next job is going to be stain the fence along the new garden in the backyard...hope to get to this between the showers this week...then I will start planting my new flower beds with perennials...I have some around the yard that I need to dig up and split...


.....thanks to Joe for working so hard especially on Fathers Day on my project.....

No comments:

Post a Comment