Tuesday, February 12, 2013

30 years ago...

Excerpt from a diary....

Saturday 12th February 1983....

          This morning Shell called me to ask me to work in wardrobe at the Century Centre on a show they are putting on. But its the dance tonight so I couldn't do it.

          Tonight we went to the club in South Bend, Aunt Agnes and Bill, Ed and Debbie, Betty and Ed, Joe and I all went, it was a good night. I got a little sad for a while thinking about my return home in March but it soon passed.

          What a perfect end to a Valentines Dance.....Joe asked me to marry him...I said yes...I love him so much.

          Now I have to write home and tell Mum and Dad that I am going to marry Joe. I wonder how that is going to go over, it means that I am going to be making my life here in America instead of going home in March. Also we will have to start telling people here in the States.

          We have so much to think about and decide on...I'll probably not sleep much tonight....

                                                                 ^^^^^^^^^^

       A few days later we re-enacted the proposal so that we would have photos...yes I have always been a photo freak...

No comments:

Post a Comment