Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 36 of 52

            This weekend found us in South Bend Indiana...we did something some of us had never done before...we went to a University of Notre Dame football game...I knew that Aaron had wanted to see a game for a long time but I didn't know how important it was to him...Aaron and his brother Adam were born in South Bend but we moved to Minnesota when Aaron was only two years old...every visit to South Bend we had to go walk the campus and visit the book store and get new tee-shirts...and on one visit we got to go into the stadium...

            Aaron told us that attending a Fighting Irish football game was right up in the top two things on his bucket list...and that he might cry...it was that emotional for him...I honestly thought it was a long way to go for a football game...

            We met up with Edwin and his friend and we did some tailgating...never tailgated before...that was a fun time time thanks to Edwin...Adam would have enjoyed this but he already had plans for this weekend and didn't travel with us...photos from this adventure are on FB...

            We went to watch the players walk from the library to the stadium...I took a few photos here...Aaron kept saying get this person...get that person...to me they were just a bunch of guys in suits...so I stopped taking photos and put my hand out like the rest of the crowd...the next thing I knew Owen Wilson was high fiveing me...yes that's right the actor Owen Wilson...Vince Vaughn was also there...when I looked through my photos I had one with the two of them on it...way in the background...I will have enlarge it...needless to say I was very happy at this time and was glad I had made the trip...don't know if it was the tailgating that had made me happy or Owen Wilson...

            It was good to see Notre Dame win...it made Aaron's first Fighting Irish game an experience to remember...I some how think this is not going to be his last game...

        
                                                   July 1999...Aaron...Joe...Adam...

                                                  A little boys' dream turns into.....

                                                       ....a young mans reality....

                                                 September 8th 2012...Aaron...Joe...

the now famous tickets...kept as souvenirs...

No comments:

Post a Comment