Monday, September 3, 2012

Week 35 of 52

            "You don't stop running because you get old. You get old because you stop running"....a quote from the book Born to Run by Christopher McDougall...

           I just finished reading 'Born to Run'...what an inspirational book...you don't have to be a runner to enjoy this book...I am by no means a runner...I would like to be a runner...but this old body of mine seems to think differently...as you know I started a Couch to 5k program a few weeks ago and sprained my ankle in week 2...here we are 4 weeks later and my ankle is beginning to feel normal again...

            For years I have wanted a treadmill...I used to run on one at the health club that we once belonged to a few years ago...so here it is Angelas' new toy...I must admit I am a little afraid of starting to run again...but this time I am going to take it very very slow...I think I pushed it too hard last time...what is the hurry...I have the rest of my life to become a runner...

                                          You are never to old to try something new...

No comments:

Post a Comment