Monday, June 4, 2012

Just a little ramble...

          

               Just a short ramble about Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee...as you know I just got back from a visit to England...everywhere we went was decorated for the Jubilee celebration...

                                                          the local garden center
                                                              a shopping center

            There will be street party's up and down the country...Joe and I went to one once...we were living in England back in 1985/6...a company move for a year...Adam was just a little guy and doesn't really remember living there...Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson were married during our time in England...we went to the neighbourhood street party...food and drink and party games for the kids were the order of the day...

             I am a royalist...always have been always will be...I was devastated when Diana Princess of Wales died especially due to such unnecessary circumstances...

             I saw the Queen once...I was 12 years old...a school girl at Gresham Secondary School for girls in Bradford Manchester...the whole school got to go and line the streets waiting for the Queen to come by...we all had our little Union Jack flags to wave...after a long wait here she came...the Queen...it was before she did her walkabouts...she rode by in her fancy car...she waved and I swear she looked right at me and waved...memories of a school girl have probably faded with time...but that was the day I saw the Queen...

           2012 is a big year for the United Kingdom...the Queens Diamond Jubilee...can you imagine having the same job for 60 years...the Olympics are in the UK this year...and I made a visit...what more can a country ask for...

No comments:

Post a Comment