Wednesday, May 11, 2011

For the birds....

                     When we were in Indiana last week we were watching the Orioles at the nectar feeders at a couple of our cousins. We feed the birds here in Minnesota but had never seen Orioles. On Sunday we went to Fleet Farm and bought an Oriole feeder and a Hummingbird feeder. We have had Hummingbird feeders in the past but the Hummingbirds don't seem to stay around very long. I filled the feeders with the nectar and put them in the backyard. Yesterday after only two days I saw the Orioles at the feeder, I was so excited I even e-mailed Joe at work to tell him.

                     Earlier in the day I saw another bird at the seed feeder that I had not seen around before, I had to get the bird book out and find what it was, it was a Rose Breasted Grosbeak. Now we are waiting to see the Hummingbirds return, it dosen't take too much to excite me, just a few birds using my feeders...
                                                      ....just another little ramble....

1 comment:

  1. I love the hummingbirds and orioles too! We just bought our first oriole feeder a couple weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete